Banana Protein Shake
Published Jul 04, 2021, Updated Sep 15, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This creamy banana protein shake combines frozen banana with protein powder and yogurt for a delicious protein-packed shake that you’ll want to make every day.
I’m so excited to share this recipe! It’s the first of six protein shake recipes that I’ll be sharing on the blog and it’s such a good one. Honestly, they are all super simple to make, but this banana protein shake is a great base recipe that you can add to if you want!
Only 5 Ingredients
This banana protein shake is made with just five ingredients. You can add flavors or toppings as needed but it’s also delicious as is! And super simple!
I also have to add a quick PSA if you’re not a banana fan… I’ll be sharing more protein shake recipes that don’t include bananas so have no fear, there’s a recipe for you!
Here’s What You Need
- banana – I recommend using a frozen banana because it will give you that thick and creamy shake texture, similar to what you’d get from a smoothie shop!
- vanilla protein powder – I like using vanilla protein powder for a little vanilla flavor, but you can use a natural (unflavored) protein powder if that’s what you have on hand! In terms of which protein powder to use, I love use Nuzest protein powder. It’s plant-based, has a short ingredient list and great nutrition facts! Use my code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order.
- milk – I like using an unsweetened almond milk for this protein shake, but any milk will work. You can also make your own almond milk if you’re feeling fancy.
- Greek yogurt or more milk – add Greek yogurt for an extra creamy protein boost. You can use dairy-free yogurt if needed or skip the yogurt and add more milk.
- chia seeds or flaxseed – adding chia seeds or flaxseed to your shake is totally optional, but does add a little extra protein, fiber and healthy fats. I’m a big fan of using flaxseed for this one!
Health Benefits of Bananas
Whether or not you like bananas, there is no denying that they’re such a powerful fruit! They are rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Bananas are packed with potassium and magnesium which are great for heart and muscle health. If you get muscle cramps during or after exercising, bananas are a great snack! And bananas paired with protein make for an excellent post-workout shake to replenish your body.
I hope you love this banana protein shake as much as we do! It’s simple but so so good! Enjoy.
More Protein-Packed Recipes
- No Bake Protein Balls
- Oatmeal Raisin Protein Cookies
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Protein Oatmeal
- Protein Pancakes
More Protein Shakes to Try
- Vanilla Protein Shake
- Chocolate Protein Shake
- Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- Vegan Protein Shake
- Coffee Protein Shake
- Strawberry Protein Shake
- Pumpkin Protein Shake
Banana Protein Shake
- 1 frozen banana, in chunks
- 1 (25g) scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3/4 cup milk, (I like almond milk)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, or more milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon flaxseeds or chia seeds,, optional
- Add all ingredients into your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add a few banana slices on top (optional) and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.