Spiralized zucchini noodles in a spicy peanut sauce. It’s delicious, gluten-free, vegan and much healthier than takeout!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, spiralized into noodles
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, spiralized or sliced into small strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 1–2 Tablespoons water (for thinning out sauce)
- 1 teaspoon spicy chili paste like Sambal Oelek
sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil and sauté the garlic, ginger and red onion. Once onion is translucent and fragrant, stir in the red bell pepper, carrot slices and cooked edamame. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to the mixture, then add the lime juice, peanut butter, chili paste and a little water to thin out the sauce.
- Place the zucchini noodles into the skillet and stir them around quite a bit so that the sauce coats them. Cook in sauce for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, plate and top with fresh basil and chopped peanuts. Enjoy.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Spiralizing
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: zucchini noodles, low carb, pad thai