This Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai features spiralized zucchini noodles in a spicy peanut sauce. It’s delicious, low carb and much healthier than Thai takeout!
I spent the weekend hanging out with family, which was awesome. I got to see my dad for Father’s Day and visit with my sister, bro-n-law, mom, nieces and new baby nephew.
I also experimented with local zucchini I purchased from the farmers market and came up with a new recipe using my spiralizer. Zucchini noodle pasta (a.k.a zoodles) is nothing new as I’ve made that many times before, however this weekend I decided to use zucchini noodles to make a tasty Thai-inspired dinner.
The final product reminded me of Pad Thai when served warm. Although to be perfectly honest I’ve only ever had bites of Isaac’s Pad Thai entrées because I’ve never actually ordered it for myself. I’m more of a papaya salad, Tom Yum soup and fresh spring roll girl when it comes to ordering at Thai restaurants.
This dish is so easy to whip up and has a lovely blend of fresh flavors and a hint of richness from the peanut sauce. It’s not only delicious, but much healthier than traditional Thai takeout. Feel free to serve it warm or cold. If there are leftovers, I like eating them cold from the fridge. Although when it’s cold I like to add a little almond milk to loosen up the sauce a bit. Enjoy!Print
Spiralized zucchini noodles in a spicy peanut sauce. It’s delicious, gluten-free, vegan and much healthier than takeout!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, spiralized into noodles
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, spiralized or sliced into small strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 1–2 Tablespoons water (for thinning out sauce)
- 1 teaspoon spicy chili paste like Sambal Oelek
sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil and sauté the garlic, ginger and red onion. Once onion is translucent and fragrant, stir in the red bell pepper, carrot slices and cooked edamame. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to the mixture, then add the lime juice, peanut butter, chili paste and a little water to thin out the sauce.
- Place the zucchini noodles into the skillet and stir them around quite a bit so that the sauce coats them. Cook in sauce for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, plate and top with fresh basil and chopped peanuts. Enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: zucchini noodles, low carb, pad thai