This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Made with vodka, club soda or sparkling water and fresh lime juice this simple vodka soda recipe is crisp, refreshing and comes together in a matter of minutes.
If you were to ask me my go-to cocktail I’d most likely say this vodka soda without any hesitation. I know it’s basic, but I like the fact that it’s light and refreshing while also being low in calories and sugar.
As you know I love wine, but when I order a cocktail this is my number one!
Why You’ll Love This Cocktail
- It’s low in sugar and calories which is typically not the case with cocktails!
- So simple to make… as in, it’s made in just minutes!
- Only three ingredients needed!
- club soda – I’m a big fan of Navy Hill club soda or Boylan Heritage, but any soda water or sparkling water will works!
- vodka – I recommend using a higher quality vodka (or at least not the cheapest bottle on the shelf!) since there are so few ingredients in this recipe. Tito’s vodka is my fave.
- lime – we’ll be adding freshly squeeze lime juice to the drink and garnishing with a lime slice. If you want a sweeter drink, you can use sweetened lime juice like Rose’s.
- ice – for serving.
How to Make a Vodka Soda
It doesn’t get much simpler than this. Start by filling a glass with ice. Pour the vodka, club soda and freshly squeezed lime juice over the ice. Stir to combine and garnish with a lime slice. Enjoy!
There are so many ways you can spruce up this classic cocktail. Here are some ideas:
- Add in cranberry juice to make a delicious cranberry vodka.
- Muddle fresh herbs in the glass before adding the rest of the ingredients. This would be delicious with basil, mint or even rosemary!
- Use an infused vodka for extra flavor.
- Muddle fresh fruit in the glass before adding the rest of the ingredients. I’m dreaming of a berry version, but feel free to get creative!
- Add more garnish! Adding fresh herbs or fruit as garnish will add to the entire drink.
How to Make in Bulk
This is a great cocktail to make in bulk! Pro tip: to make cocktails in bulk, follow the same measurements, but use cups instead of ounces. So for this recipe, mix 3 cups of club soda or sparkling water, 1.5 cups of vodka and lime juice to taste. I recommend mixing this in a large pitcher without ice. Place the ice in glasses for serving and pour the cocktail over the ice when you’re ready to serve.
More Cocktail Recipes to Try
- Skinny Margarita
- Skinny Coconut Daiquiri
- Apple Cider Mimosas
- Skinny Paloma
- Skinny Piña Colada
- Dairy-Free Eggnog
- Skinny Mojito
- Strawberry Frosé
Be sure to check out the full collection of cocktail recipes here on EBF!
- 3 oz club soda, or your favorite sparkling soda flavor
- 1.5 oz vodka
- splash of fresh lime juice
- 1 slice lime
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour vodka, club soda and lime juice over ice.
- Stir to combine and garnish with a lime slice before serving.
- Want to sweeten up this recipe? Use sweetened lime juice!
- Add in cranberry juice with this sparkling cranberry vodka soda.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.