5-Ingredient Vegan Graham Cracker Blondies
Published Apr 20, 2020, Updated Nov 01, 2022
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Gooey and delicious vegan graham cracker blondies made with just five ingredients! They’re so easy you’ll want to make them all the time.
Do you even believe me when I say you can make tasty blondies with five ingredients?! No jokes here, this delicious treat really only needs five ingredients and they’re so good!
I first found out about this recipe from a friend who brought over a meal train dinner for us when we were first home from the hospital with Olivia. With the meal they brought blondies as dessert. Which by the way, anyone who brings a dessert with their meal train dish gets extra brownie (or blondie) points because having a sweet treat on hand is super helpful when you’re sleep deprived with a new babe.
Anyhow, Isaac fell in love with the blondies and quickly texted the person who made them for us to find out the recipe. He shared the recipe with me and I was shocked by the fact that it only required five ingredients – graham crackers, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, baking powder and salt. I immediately thought it would be fun to try to create a vegan version with sweetened condensed coconut milk and dairy-free chocolate chips. They turned out to be so delicious that I knew I had to share the recipe.
Have Your Kids Help Make These
This is such a fun recipe to involve the kids with because 1) it involves graham cracker smashing and 2) it’s basically just dumping ingredients into a bowl and mixing! Have your little ones help you or assign your older ones to make you a treat… ha!
What is a Blondie?
As I was developing this recipe and writing this post I wanted to see what the actual definition of a blondie was and it’s considered a blonde brownie. A brownie without the cocoa powder! Traditionally, blondies have more of a vanilla flavor than chocolate.
Ingredients You Need:
- graham crackers – if you want the blondies to be vegan, be sure to look for graham crackers without honey.
- sweetened condensed coconut milk – use 2 cans of store-bought or make your own with my recipe. If you don’t care about the recipe being vegan, you can use 1 (14 oz) can of regular sweetened condensed milk.
- dairy-free chocolate chips – Enjoy Life chocolate chips are a great dairy-free/soy-free option.
- baking powder – to help the brownies rise.
- salt – just a pinch.
Notes and Substitutions
Gluten-fee – For gluten-free blondies, use gluten-free graham crackers.
Homemade sweetened condensed coconut milk – You can make your own sweetened condensed coconut milk using my recipe. Just be sure to make a double batch!
Store-bought sweetened condensed coconut milk – Store-bought sweetened condensed coconut milk cans typically come in two sizes (7.4oz and 11.25oz) so make sure to measure out the correct amount if using the bigger cans. If using store-bought sweetened condensed coconut milk, make sure to stir the cans up prior to adding it to the graham cracker mixture as separation could occur causing the batter to become more oily.
More Simple Treats to Try:
- 4-Ingredient Almond Coconut Cookies
- 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
- 3-Ingredient Strawberry Coconut Milk Sorbet
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
More Brownie Recipes to Try:
Vegan Graham Cracker Blondies
- 2 ½ cups vegan graham cracker crumbs, about 32 squares*
- 2 7.4 ounce cans (about 1 1/2 cups) sweetened condensed coconut milk*
- 1 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Set oven: Preheat oven to 350°F and prep an 8-inch square baking pan by spraying it with non-stick spray or lining with parchment.
- Prep graham crackers: Crush graham crackers and measure, if you haven't already. I like to put them in a plastic freezer bag and use a rolling pin or the bottom of a glass jar to crush the graham crackers into crumbs.
- Mix ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, baking powder and sea salt. The mixture should be a thick consistency.
- Spread batter: Pour and spread batter into your greased 8-inch square baking pan. Top with additional chocolate chips to make them look pretty.
- Bake: Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve: Let cool completely on a wire rack once cooled, enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.