Apparently I’m all about the food/healthy holidays lately. Beets for American Heart Health Month, Pi Day… you didn’t think I would let March 1, National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day, pass without a celebration did ya? No way! Peanut butter has always been one of my favorite foods so I would never let the chance to celebrate it pass me by — unless of course I was unaware of the holiday, which has sadly happened in previous years.
Remember the No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bites I posted earlier this week? Well, now I have the cookie recipe for you guys!
It’s seriously so easy and only requires one extra step. Well, two if you count pre-heating the oven — which, for the record, I don’t because that will take you like 1.75 milliseconds. 😉
These cookies are soooo good! I honestly can’t decide if I like the pb protein bites or the pb protein cookies more. They’re both equally awesome and have the exact same ingredients but the bites feel more like a post workout snack and the cookies feel more like dessert. Especially when they’re warm straight from the oven.
Perhaps it’s the melty chocolate chips…
No matter what it is, these little cookies are seriously delicious and keep really well. You can store them on the counter, in the fridge or in the freezer and they’ll last. I had a batch (in a sealed container) sitting out on the counter and the cookies still tasted fresh and delicious after five or so days. Although, I wouldn’t count on one batch lasting that long — they’re small so you can easily eat more than one at a time.
If you’re a peanut butter lover like me, I’m pretty certain that you’ll adore these cookies. Make them today to find out! Remember, you have a perfectly good excuse — it’s National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day. 😉Print
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 scoops of organic vanilla protein powder
- heaping 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce + 1–2 Tablespoons more, if needed
- 1/2 cup organic freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate or carob chips (optional & delicious)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place oats, protein powder, freeze-dried strawberries and chocolate chips into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together the peanut butter, applesauce and honey. Pour the wet peanut butter mixture over the dry mixture and stir well. Combining this mixture will take a little stirring power and it may seem a little crumbly at first. I used my hands to knead the dough near the end and that seems to help. If it’s too crumbly, you can add an extra tablespoon of applesauce to moisten it.
- Once combined, start forming the the dough into one inch balls. Dough should make anywhere from 16-20 balls.
- Place balls on a parchment lined baking sheet, press the ball down into a cookie shape with a fork and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy. Store any leftovers in a covered air-tight container on the counter/in the fridge for immediate consumption or store in the freezer for later.
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
PS – The winner of the Santa Cruz Organic giveaway has been announced! See if you won.