This cranberry chocolate chip banana bread makes for a festive holiday breakfast or treat that’s gluten-free and diary-free! Made with almond and oat flour.
Who else is excited about this recipe just from the title?! SAME. I am a banana bread fanatic so when I had the idea to use cranberries and chocolate chips to add a little texture, flavor and color, I was so excited to develop this recipe!
When it comes to the holidays, one of my childhood memories is waking up and coming downstairs to find delicious baked goods on the counter. Sometimes we had cinnamon rolls, sometimes we had monkey bread and sometimes we had banana bread. I’m slyly going to send my mom this recipe so she can help me make it again while she’s here for Christmas.
I also remember my mom always making baked goods for her friends around the holidays. She has the cutest mini loaf pans and some years she would put cookies in cute tins or make a little loaves of bread, wrap in plastic wrap and tie a ribbon around it to give as a thoughtful gift. SO CUTE! I want to be you when I grow up, Mom. Aka to all my friends reading this you may or may not be getting a mini loaf of this banana bread this year…
This banana bread is so festive (thanks cranberries!), a crowd pleaser and pretty healthy! Because of the three bananas, it doesn’t need a lot of extra sugar. Instead of white flour, I use a combination of oat and almond flour which makes the loaf gluten-free without a bunch of different flours and/or gums. I always love when I can take a traditional baked good and upgrade them to something that tastes awesome, but won’t leave me feeling overly full and bloated.
Do you have certain dishes or meals that you make every year for the holidays? I love hearing your traditions around food!
If you make this cranberry chocolate chip banana bread please leave a comment and star rating letting me know how it turned out. Your feedback is so helpful for the EBF team and other readers who are thinking about making the recipe.Print
Cranberry chocolate chip banana bread makes for a festive holiday breakfast or treat that’s gluten-free and diary-free!
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting the excess hang over the long sides a bit. Spray the inside with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to combine coconut oil, coconut sugar and maple syrup. Add in mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour and mix until just blended. Don’t over mix. Gently stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, smooth top and bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make mini loaves, line three mini loaf pans with parchment. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 205mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
Keywords: chocolate chip banana bread
Need a vegan banana bread recipe? Try this vegan chocolate chip banana bread.