Carrot Raisin Salad
Published Feb 02, 2024
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This simple carrot raisin salad comes together in under 10 minutes with just 7 ingredients. It’s refreshing, creamy and the perfect side dish for any gathering.
If you’re looking for a delicious, simple salad to whip up that’s absolutely addicting look no further than this carrot raisin salad!
This is my take on the popular Chick-Fil-A salad that I used to get all the time (it’s been since discontinued) and if I do say so myself, it tastes just as good, if not better! The combo of crunchy carrots paired with chewy, sweet raisins all tossed in a creamy dressing is seriously soo good. I could literally eat this whole salad to myself!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy – This salad comes together in less than 10 minutes!
- Minimal ingredients – You only need 7 simple ingredients.
- Versatile – This is the perfect salad to enjoy on its own or as a side dish.
Carrot Raisin Salad Ingredients
You only need seven simple ingredients to make this salad. I bet you already have most of these items in your kitchen right now.
- carrots – the star of the dish, providing a fresh, sweet crunch. I recommend using whole carrots that you hand-shred with a box grater instead of using pre-shredded carrots from the store. They won’t look the same and the texture will be different.
- raisins – another key ingredient in this salad. Raisins add a chewy texture, natural sweetness and pair perfectly with the carrots. I used regular raisins, but golden raisins will also work if that’s what you have on hand.
- Greek yogurt – offers a creamy base for the dressing. I recommend using plain, full-fat or 2% Greek yogurt. If you’re not a fan of Greek yogurt or don’t have any on hand you can use sour cream or a plant-based yogurt as a substitute.
- mayonnaise – complements the tangy yogurt to create a rich, smooth dressing.
- honey – a touch of natural sweetness to balance out the flavors of the dressing. Maple syrup would be a good substitute if you don’t have any honey on hand.
- lemon juice – adds a bright, tangy note to the dressing.
- pinch of salt – enhances the overall taste of the salad.
How to Make Carrot Raisin Salad
The best thing about this salad is how simple it is to make. Once your carrots are shredded this salad comes together in a matter of minutes!
Step 1: If you haven’t already, peel and shred your carrots.
Step 2: Add the shredded carrots and raisins to a medium mixing bowl, then add the Greek yogurt, mayo, honey, lemon juice and salt. Stir to fully combine until everything is coated with the dressing. Enjoy right away or store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. How easy is that?!
Brittany’s Recipe Tips
- Use whole carrots that you hand-shred instead of pre-shredded ones from the store. If you’re in a pinch, you can use the store-bought carrots, but the texture won’t be the same.
- If your raisins are a bit dry, plump them up by soaking them in warm water for a few minutes. Drain well before adding to the salad.
- Adjust the Greek yogurt and mayo ratio based on your preference for creaminess. More yogurt makes it tangier, while more mayo adds richness.
- Letting the salad chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes allows the flavors to meld together nicely.
I love this salad as is, but you can always customize this recipe by adding some additional mix-in’s. Here are some ideas:
- Nuts or seeds: Add a handful of sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans for a nice crunch and an extra dose of healthy fats.
- Pineapple: The Chick-Fil-A carrot raisin salad that I loved so much had pineapple chunks in it, which would make for a great addition to this recipe. You can add a can of drained pineapple chunks or tidbits, but I wouldn’t use crushed pineapple.
- Apple: A chopped tart apple like Pink Lady or Honeycrisp would make for a great addition to this salad.
- Add spices: Add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the dressing for a warm, spicy note that pairs wonderfully with the sweetness of the carrots and raisins.
- Add herbs: Sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley or mint for a refreshing touch that cuts through the creaminess of the dressing.
How to Serve Carrot Raisin Salad
How to Store
Store the carrot raisin salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you’re planning to store the salad for a few days, consider keeping the dressing separate and mixing it in just before serving to maintain the best texture of the carrots and raisins. If you store the salad for more than 2 days in the fridge it could become watery as some of the moisture gets pulled from the carrots.
More Simple Salads to Try
Be sure to check out the full collection of salad recipes on EBF!
Carrot Raisin Salad
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- If you haven't already, peel and shred your carrots.
- Add shredded carrots and raisins to a medium mixing bowl. Add greek yogurt, mayo, honey, lemon juice and salt.
- Stir to combine until everything is coated with the dressing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.