Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Roasted Veggies
Published Feb 20, 2019, Updated Oct 31, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Broccoli, sweet potatoes and red onion come together with chicken sausage for a simple, healthy sheet pan meal that’s delicious and perfect for busy weeknights.
So many of you are requesting simple recipes lately… ask and you shall receive! Truth be told, almost all my dinner recipes are super simple so I’m glad we’re on the same page.
Why I Love This Sheet Pan Meal
I personally LOVE sheet pan dinners because you can throw everything onto one pan, bake it and voila! A delicious, healthy dinner is ready to go. PLUS you only have to wash one pan (and a cutting board). Score!
This particular sheet pan dinner doesn’t get much simpler. We’re using pre-cooked organic chicken sausage links. Dinner sausage, to be exact! I love the Bilinski and Applegate Farms brands! There are a ton of flavors to choose from so pick whichever flavor combo sounds the best! I usually go for the mild or spicy Italian, but have been eyeing the more “fun” flavors like cilantro lime or apples and honey. YUM!
Sheet Pan Meal With Chicken Sausage
I paired the chicken sausage with a bunch of roasted veggies. I chose sweet potatoes, broccoli, onions and garlic because they’re some of my favorites, but you can literally do any combination of your favorite veggies. And if you’re short on time, there is no shame in buying pre-chopped veggies to make this dinner even faster.
How to Serve This Chicken Sausage Sheet Pan Meal
You can eat this meal as is (just meat and veggies) or serve it over your favorite grain like brown rice or even quinoa. The dish has plenty of flavor on it’s own, but I topped ours with sriracha because I love a little heat. And if you know me, you know I basically top all things savory with hot sauce. It’s a thing.
Enjoy this healthy dinner the next time you think you don’t have time to throw a healthy meal together! I bet it will quickly become part of your weekly dinner rotation.
Want More Sheet Pan Meals?
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- One Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Veggies
- Sriracha Cauliflower and Chickpea Sheet Pan Meal
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
- One Pan Chicken Za’atar Bake
- Healthy Sheet Pan Dinners
- Shrimp Scampi Sheet Pan Meal
- Honey Mustard Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
One Pan Roasted Veggie and Chicken Sausage
- 5 organic chicken sausage links, any flavor, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 2 crowns broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- sriracha, for topping (optional)
- rice, quinoa or whole grain, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop everything and then toss your sausage, broccoli, sweet potato chunks, onion and garlic on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over sausage and veggie mixture, sprinkle on salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Place the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Toss the mixture using a spatula and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste and serve over cooked rice or quinoa with sriracha sauce, if using.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.