Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Published May 27, 2022, Updated Oct 31, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
These sheet pan chicken fajitas are packed with Mexican flavor and come together quickly! Just bake your chicken, peppers and onions together on a pan, load up your tortillas and enjoy!
Fajitas are definitely one of my favorite Mexican dishes to order out. I love build your own meals and loading up tortillas with all the toppings is so much fun.
I already have a sheet pan shrimp fajitas recipe, but I wanted to create a chicken version because I know not everyone is a huge fan a shrimp like I am.
This recipe is super simple to whip up and perfect for those busy weeknights. Just chop, toss, bake and serve… easy peasy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- All you need is one large bowl and one baking sheet. Yay for minimal dishes and easy clean up!
- It comes together in about 30 minutes including prep time!
- These fajitas are packed full of flavor and the perfect thing to make whenever you’re craving Mexican.
- bell peppers – I love using a combination of yellow, orange and red bell peppers but any color will work.
- onion – I recommend using a yellow onion, but red onion is fine too.
- garlic – a necessary flavor enhancer!
- olive oil – to coat your veggies and chicken for baking.
- chicken – I recommend buying boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cutting them into slices.
- spices – we’re basically making a homemade fajita seasoning blend with paprika, chili powder, cumin, oregano, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
- tortillas – I like using flour tortillas for fajitas, but feel free to use your favorite style of tortilla.
- lime – drizzling fresh lime juice on top of the chicken and veggies gives the fajitas a hint of fresh flavor.
- toppings – I recommend shredded cheese, guacamole, salsa, cilantro and hot sauce, but feel free to get creative!
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Start by preheating your oven to 425°F. Add bell peppers, onion and chicken into a bowl. Toss with oil, garlic and spices.
Spread onto a large baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing at the 10-minute mark. You can bump the heat to broil for the last 2-3 minutes to get a little char on everything if desired. I did 18 minutes total – baked for 15 minutes and then 3 minutes on a high broil (500°F).
Top chicken mixture with fresh cilantro, drizzle on lime juice and toss to combine.
Serve chicken and veggies in warm tortillas with toppings of choice. I recommend guacamole, salsa, cheese and hot sauce.
How to Serve Chicken Fajitas
When serving these chicken fajitas I usually have a few topping options on hand including fresh cilantro, jalapeños, lime wedges, sour cream or Greek yogurt, salsa, hot sauce and guacamole or fresh avocado. You don’t need all of these. Pick your favorite toppings and use those!
These chicken fajitas are a meal on their own, but it’s always nice to have a few sides and fun drinks… especially if you’re hosting. Here are some options:
- Sides: easy black bean dip, guacamole (serve with chips), avocado salad, Mexican street corn salad, cilantro rice, Spanish rice and/or refried beans. You could even add the refried beans and rice to your fajitas, if you’d like!
- Drinks: skinny paloma or skinny margarita
Storing and Reheating
If you have leftovers, simply store the chicken and veggies in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat, I would heat everything on the stove or pop it back in the oven for a few minutes until warm and then make your fajitas.
More Sheet Pan Meals
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
- Sriracha Cauliflower and Chickpea Sheet Pan Meal
- Sweet Potato Nachos
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
- One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- Shrimp Scampi Sheet Pan Meal
- Honey Mustard Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
More Mexican-Inspired Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Mexican Quinoa Casserole
- Healthy Mexican Layer Dip
- Mexican Quinoa Casserole
- Healthy Guacamole
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Cauliflower Tacos
- Vegan Enchiladas
- Red Chilaquiles
- Healthy Chicken Tacos
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 3 tri-color bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow or red onion, sliced
- 1 ¼ lb. boneless chicken breasts, sliced into small strips
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Juice from one lime, about 2 Tablespoons
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping if desired
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: Salsa or pico de gallo, sour cream or full fat greek yogurt, Guacamole or avocado, shredded cheese, and hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Add bell peppers, onion and chicken into a bowl. Toss with oil, garlic and spices.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing at the 10-minute mark. You can bump the heat to broil for the last 2-3 minutes to get a little char on everything if desired. I did 18 minutes total – baked for 15 minutes and then 3 minutes on a high broil (500°F).
- Top chicken mixture with fresh cilantro and drizzle on lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Serve chicken and veggies in warm tortillas with toppings of choice. I recommend guacamole, salsa, cheese and hot sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.