Sesame Roasted Carrots
Published Jun 09, 2015, Updated Feb 20, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Easy enough for a weeknight meal, but fancy enough to serve to guests, these sesame roasted carrots are the perfect side dish. Vegan, gluten-free and lovely served hot or cold.
When life gives you a beautiful bunch of fresh, organic carrots…
I highly recommend chopping, seasoning and roasting them to perfection.
Sprinkle on a few sesame seeds for good measure and you’ve got yourself a restaurant-quality side dish that you can pair with just about anything.
Roasting is, by far, my absolute favorite way to prepare vegetables. Grilling is a close second, especially during the summer months when the thought of turning on the oven and introducing another degree of heat into the house sounds unbearable. That said, these carrots are totally worth a sweaty kitchen — I promise.
They’re sweet and tender with a touch of caramelization and crispiness. And they’ve got that umami flavor going on from the nutty sesame oil, zesty rice vinegar and salty tamari combined with the natural sweetness of the carrots.
They can be eaten piping hot, straight from the oven or you can chill them down and make a lovely summer salad. I’m actually planning to do the latter today for lunch. I cannot wait!
More Roasted Vegetables to Try
- Roasted Cabbage
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Root Vegetables
Sesame Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb carrots, peeled, quartered and cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine sesame oil, vinegar, tamari, black pepper and ginger in a large bowl. Add carrots and toss to coat.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet or stone. Roast for 35-40 minutes, stirring once about half-way through. Remove from oven when carrots are tender, crisp with golden edges. Sprinkle on sesame seeds and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Looking for even more roasted veggie delights? Try some of these: