No Bake High Fiber Bars
Published Mar 03, 2023, Updated Oct 23, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
These healthy no bake high fiber bars are easy to make with only 6 simple ingredients like Smart Bran cereal, flaxseed and SunButter. They’re crunchy, perfect for meal prep and kid-friendly!
I specifically developed these bars with ingredients that are higher in fiber like Smart Bran cereal, flaxseed, dried cranberries and SunButter. These foods not only help with digestion, but they help to keep you full longer (yay for no more mindless snacking). Added bonus: these bars are made with seed butter so they’re school-safe and kid-friendly so if you have a kiddo that needs a little fiber boost these are the bars!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These bars are made with only 6 simple ingredients!
- Super easy to make and there’s no baking required! Just mix, press and chill.
- Made with sunflower seed butter, so are school-safe!
- One bar has 6 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein!
- Dairy-free, nut-free + can easily be made vegan.
- Nature’s Path Smart Bran cereal – this is the main source of fiber in the recipe and will add a crunchy texture to the bars.
- ground flaxseed – a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and dietary fiber.
- dried cranberries – a good source of fiber and adds the perfect blend of sweet and tart while also adding a pop of color. I prefer to use dried cranberries that are fruit-sweetened instead of ones that are sweetened with cane sugar. My favorite brand is the Made in Nature dried cranberries.
- mini chocolate chips – I recommend Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips which are allergen-friendly or Lily’s chocolate chips because they are low in sugar and calories.
- sunflower seed butter – a great source of protein and healthy fats while also helping to bind the bars together. I like using the organic SunButter with no added sugar, but you can easily make homemade sunflower seed butter if you’d like.
- honey – a perfect natural sweetener and part of the “glue” that holds these bars together. I love the pairing of SunButter and honey.
How to Make
Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl stir together the smart bran cereal, flaxseed, dried cranberries and 2 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips.
In a small saucepan, heat SunButter and honey over low-medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture is completely smooth. Remove from heat and pour SunButter mixture over dry ingredients and mix until evenly coated.
Pour coated cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down evenly. Sprinkle the remaining mini chocolate chips on top and press them into the bars. Place bars in the fridge for about an hour to set up. Remove from fridge, cut into bars and enjoy!
Substitutions & Notes
- Mix-ins: Feel free to customize this recipe with different mix-ins. You can easily swap the chocolate chips and/or dried cranberries for something else like another dried fruit, nuts or seeds. Some ideas: dried cherries, raisins, coconut flakes, pecans, almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
- SunButter: I went with sunflower seed butter to keep this recipe school-safe for kiddos, but you can easily swap it for another seed or nut butter. Some ideas: almond butter, peanut butter, cashew butter or tahini.
- Vegan: I haven’t tried it, but I bet using maple syrup or agave would work as a substitute if you want these bars to be vegan.
How to Store
One of the best things about these high fiber bars is that they store really well and are perfect for meal prep!
After you cut your bars store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. I like using glass storage containers or Stasher bags for storing. For longer storage, you can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. I like to store them after being cut so they’re ready to grab and go! If you do freeze them, just thaw them in the fridge or at room temperature before enjoying them.
More Bar Recipes to Try
- Chocolate Chip Almond Granola Bars
- Apple Granola Bars
- Tahini Fig Bars
- Cranberry Coconut Granola Bars
- Cereal Bars
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Pumpkin Seed and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Fruit and Nut Bars
- Nut Free Granola Bars
- Apple Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Easy Protein Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Banana Oatmeal Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Energy Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Be sure to check out my full collection of snack recipes here on EBF!
No Bake High Fiber Bars
- Line a 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine smart bran cereal, flaxseed, dried cranberries and 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips.
- In a small saucepan, heat SunButter and honey over low-medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture is completely smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour SunButter mixture over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour coated cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down evenly. Sprinkle remaining mini chocolate chips on top and press them into the bars.
- Place bars in the fridge for about an hour to set up. Remove from fridge, cut into bars.
- Store leftover bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator. They should last about 1 week or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.