This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
A gift guide for salad lovers! These gift ideas are perfect for salad enthusiasts, but they’re also great for anyone who is looking to eat healthier.
I couldn’t resist… I had to create a gift guide for all the salad lovers out there. I know it seems crazy that someone likes salads more than burgers, but I know these people exist because I’m one of them.
If you’ve been reading EBF for awhile, you’ll know that I’m kinda sorta obsessed with salads. I eat at least one salad a day . . . yes, even throughout the winter months. I often eat salad for breakfast and one of my favorite kitchen gadgets ever is this salad chopper! Over the years, I’ve probably made over 1,000 salads and I’ve found quite a few tools that make salad life easier, more flavorful and fun . . . so I’m sharing them all right here in this little gift guide.
Of course, these gift ideas are great for salad lovers, but there are plenty of items that would be great for anyone who enjoys cooking or healthy eating!
- Salad Chopper and Bowl – If you buy only one thing on this list, I would recommend this salad chopper and bowl. It’s only $25 and it’s a game-changer for salad lovers. It transforms a big bowl of veggies into a delicious, restaurant-worthy chopped salad. Everything gets chopped into bite size pieces and you get a taste of all the toppings with each bite. And the bowl is extra large so it’s perfect for tossing BIG salads. Watch this video to hear more about why I love it and how to use it.
- Glass Oil Dispenser – I love that this glass oil dispenser is functional and cute. I feel like it’s something I would keep out on my counter for decoration.
- Cutting Board – This goes right along with having a good knife. Cutting boards are essential for chopping veggies. I like having a few different sizes and different boards for different uses — i.e one for veggies and one for meat.
- Salad Scissors – If you don’t end up going with the salad chopper bowl, I think salad scissors are a great option for making chopped salads. Basically you just toss your greens, veggies and other salad toppings into a large bowl and chop everything with the scissors.
- On-the-Go Salad Container – Regular storage containers work for taking your lunch to work, but having a salad-specific option like this is really nice because you can separate your greens from the toppings and there’s a little container for your dressing. No soggy salads!
- Salad Dressing Shaker – I’m all about homemade salad dressings and this shaker is the perfect tool for making, mixing, serving and storing dressings as well as sauces and marinades.
- Produce Saver Containers – There’s nothing worse than buying a ton of fresh produce at the store and having it wilt or mold before you get a chance to use it all! These produce saver containers are a great way to keep produce fresh up to 80% longer versus store packaging. They also help keep moisture out to reduce spoilage and they’re dishwasher safe and BPA-free. I’m a huge fan!
- Salad Servers – I love the look of these twisted wood salad servers, and I think they would make an awesome gift for the salad enthusiast in your life.
- Wide Mouth Quart Size Mason Jars – The best mason jars for making salad-in-jar recipes. Just be sure to get the wide mouth jars because they’re easier to fill.
- Vitamix Blender – This powerful blender is amazing for salad dressings that need to be blended, and it also saves time when you’re using things like garlic and shallots. No need to mince them, just toss them into your blender! Obviously, this blender can be used for other things too… smoothies, soups, salsas, nuts butters and more. Trust me, it’s every healthy eater’s dream blender.
- Salad Serving Bowl Set – Perfect for those who like to entertain, serve salads at home or bring large salads to potlucks.
- Vegetable Peeler – This little guy comes in handy for peeling the skin off of carrots and sweet potatoes. It also makes pretty vegetable ribbons for topping salads. Another good stocking stuffer!
- A Good Knife – Chopping vegetables is no fun if you’re using an unsharp knife. Ever tried using a dull knife to chop a tomato? You basically end up with a smashed tomato and pool of tomato guts. It’s the worst! If you don’t want to invest in a full set of knives, grab yourself a chef’s knife – it’s one of the most versatile knives you can buy. I use this Shun knife and I love it for slicing and dicing all my salad ingredients.
- Food Processor – Food processors are the work-horse of the kitchen and make chopped veggies a breeze. Whenever I make shredded salads, I always use my food processor. Added bonus: food processors have a ton of other uses as well – I use mine weekly for energy balls, nut butters, dips and pesto.
- Salad Spinner – Washing greens is a must (if they’re not bagged and pre-washed), but watery greens = soggy salads and diluted dressings. You can always use a towel or paper towels to dry your greens, but owning a salad spinner makes the process of drying greens much easier and faster. The salad spinner includes a colander and once your greens are dry, it has a lid so you can use the same container to store your greens in the fridge. Added bonus: there are a bunch of other ways you can use the spinner that doesn’t involve salad.
- Salad Cookbook – My Salad Every Day ebook has over 50 salad recipes. It’s the perfect option for someone who still loves using cookbooks and needs a little salad inspiration.
- Mini Citrus Juicer – I use this little guy on the daily for juicing fresh lemons and limes. It yields way more juice than just squeezing the fruit and there are measurements on the side of the container for easy measuring. This would be a perfect stocking stuffer!
- Olive oil and Vinegar Gift Set – Salad purists usually go sans dressing and opt to use a little drizzle of olive oil and vinegar. This type of salad lover will go crazy for a high-quality olive oil and vinegar set. Other gift ideas in this same realm include infused olive oils and/or flavored vinegars.
- Serving Bowl – Salad lovers can never have too many salad serving bowls. I love the look of this white porcelain bowl with the wooden lid.
- Salt and Pepper Grinders – I’m all about adding fresh ground salt and pepper to my salads because it totally takes the flavor up a notch. These copper grinders are so cute!
- Salt Keeper – Wooden salt keepers are perfect for storing flaky sea salt. We have one from a local artist here in Richmond who no longer makes them, but this one from Crate and Barrel looks really similar. I also found this kit with Maldon Sea Salt Flakes and a salt keeper which would make a lovely gift.