Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bark
Published Nov 15, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This banana bark features layers of banana slices, peanut butter and chocolate all topped with flaky sea salt. It’s the perfect tasty treat to keep in the freezer!
Bark recipes are all the rage on TikTok and Instagram right now and as soon as I saw the viral chocolate banana bark by Chanel Eats Gluten Free I knew I needed to try it.
Peanut butter and chocolate is my ultimate dessert combo and the addition of bananas just seals the deal!
The bark features a base of frozen bananas slices, a layer of peanut butter and then a final layer of chocolate. Frozen bananas end up tasting like ice cream and this treat reminds me of a Snicker’s ice cream bar.
It’s honestly similar to to my chocolate peanut butter banana bites, but it’s a bit easier to make because you don’t have to manage adding a tiny amount of peanut butter between slippery banana slices or mess with dipping each bite in the chocolate!
Overall, this viral recipe is a 10/10 for me. I will definitely be making it again.
- peanut butter – this is a key ingredient to get that peanut butter chocolate flavor combo.
- chocolate chips – I recommend using Lily’s dark chocolate chips. These particular chocolate chips will keep the bites lower in sugar and increase the fiber content.
- coconut oil – this is just to thin the chocolate mixture so it’s easier to spread over the peanut butter layer.
- flaky sea salt – this is just for topping and it’s totally optional, but I love a little flaky sea salt on my chocolate desserts.
How to Store
This banana bark should be stored in an air-tight container in the freezer. The bananas won’t turn brown and it should stay good for a month, but I doubt it will last that long because it’s so tasty you’ll likely eat it in a couple of days.
More Viral Bark Recipes
Chocolate Banana Bark
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips , I used Lily's dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- flaky sea salt
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Add banana slices to the parchment in rows to make a rectangle shape. You want to make sure all your banana slices are touching.
- Use a spoon to spread peanut butter over the banana slices to make a peanut butter layer. Pop the baking sheet into the freezer for about 20 minutes to let the bananas and peanut butter harden a bit.
- Place chocolate chips and the coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each. It shouldn't take longer than 1-2 minutes total.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top of the peanut butter and use a spoon or spread the chocolate into a thin layer. Sprinkle on the flaky sea salt and place back in the freezer until chocolate has set, about 20 minutes or so.
- Remove from the freezer, break or cut into pieces and enjoy! Store any leftover bark in the freezer for up to a month.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.