Lemon Garlic Tempeh
Published Apr 25, 2014, Updated May 14, 2021
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Lemon garlic tempeh served with blanched kale. This meal is 21 Day Fix approved and counts for 1 red container, 1 green container and 1 teaspoon of oil.
About a month ago, I saw that Beachbody had released a new program called the 21 Day Fix.
I’ve said this before, but the one area I tend to struggle with in terms of healthy eating is portion control. The 21 Day Fix hones in on this issue by providing a meal plan and containers to keep track of your portions. It also includes a workout plan with 30 minute workouts. I liked the idea of doing a challenge that focused on clean eating/portion control while also providing a good workout plan so I figured I would give it a try.
I started the program last Monday and so far I’m loving it! I’m eating all the foods I normally eat, I’m just more aware of the portions and keeping myself accountable with the group. The workouts have been awesome as well. Autumn Calabrese is tough, motivating (I mean, look at her abs!) and has a “no bs” attitude that I like! She also says, “Drop it like it’s hot” during several of the videos, which makes me love her even more. <— If you’ve ever been out dancing with me, you’ll know that this song is my jam and I’m a pro at doing the move. 😉
Whew, okay so now that I’ve explained what I’ve been doing lately in terms of fitness, I’ve got a 21 Day Fix approved recipe to share. If you like this one, let me know and I’ll try to most more of my 21 Day Fix approved meals throughout the next two-three weeks.
If you make this lemon garlic tempeh be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting us know how it turned out. Your feedback is so helpful for the EBF team and our readers!
Lemon Garlic Tempeh
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 8 oz package tempeh, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 cups blanched kale
- dash of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Blanch your kale if you haven’t already: Place de-stemmed and chopped kale in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place the kale in a bowl of ice water. Drain well. Sometimes I actually squeeze the kale to wring out all the extra liquid.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh strips and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until both sides of the tempeh slices are brown.
- While tempeh is browning, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cumin, Italian seasoning and stevia in a small bowl.
- Once tempeh has browned, add blanched kale and the lemony garlic mixture. Stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add salt and ground pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.