Although I love my corny tabbouleh recipe I’ve been wanting to make a raw cauliflower tabbouleh/tabouli since having it at Broad Appétit a few weeks ago. One evening last week after having made dinner I was still in the mood to cook. had all the ingredients on hand to make tabbouleh so I went for it. I let Isaac do the taste testing that night, but I tried it first thing the next morning and was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out!
Raw tabbouleh is great because it requires no cooking and is very fresh testing, making it a perfect dish for the summer. The cauliflower adds a nice crunch factor and fills in well for bulgur, the grain that is traditionally used when making tabbouleh.
This recipe calls for a whole head of cauliflower and makes a big batch. It would be great to take as a side dish for a summer picnic or potluck, but it’s also fun to have on hand for lunches and what not. I incorporated it in many of my lunches and dinners over the week and polished it off in less than 5-6 days.
Raw Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- 1 medium head white cauliflower
- 1/2-3/4 bunch parsley, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
- Cut the cauliflower to remove the stem and the chop into pieces small enough to fit into your food processor.
- Place the cauliflower, parsley, onion and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower pieces are the size of a grain (like bulgur). Place the mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to mix. Serve chilled or room temperature. Store covered in the fridge for up to one week.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
In other news, the winner of Tosca’s Eat Clean Diet Cookbook 2 never contacted me so I picked a new winner over the weekend – the new winner is Brandi from Bran Appetit. Congrats lady – shoot me an email with your mailing address and I’ll ship the cookbook to you!
Have a lovely Monday friends.