With only six ingredients and about 15 minutes to whip up, these flourless vegan peanut butter blossoms are an easy addition to your holiday cookie tray!
I can’t let the holiday season pass us by without posting another holiday cookie recipe. My family and I have a thing about holiday baking and it just wouldn’t feel right not to whip a few Christmas cookies this month. I hope you don’t mind!
These cookies are basically my take on peanut butter blossoms (you know, the ones with the Hershey’s Kisses). And I have to say, they’re just as good. Maybe even better!
They still have the delicious peanut butter and chocolate thing going on, I just used Enjoy Life Mega Chunks instead of Kisses. I haven’t nothing against Kisses (especially the ones with almonds), but I’ve never been a huge fan of having to deal with the pointy Kiss while eating my cookie so the flat chocolate chunk actually works out better.
Plus, I’m a big fan of Enjoy Life’s baking products because they’re vegan, gluten-free and soy-free. I use their chocolate chips all the time!
I am sooo excited about these cookies! Here’s why:
- peanut butter and chocolate is pretty much the best combo ever
- only six ingredients
- gluten-free without a laundry list of different flours
- ridiculously easy to make
Everyone who has tasted the cookies has loved them and would never guess that they’re vegan, gluten-free and only require a few ingredients and about 15 minutes to make. They’re definitely a great addition to any holiday cookie platter. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have!
Flourless Vegan Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vegan chocolate chunks (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix together the ground flaxseed with the water to make your flaxseed egg and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, flaxseed egg, vanilla and baking soda until well combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a ball and set about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9- 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and immediately press a chocolate chunk into each cookie. Allow to cool completely; the chunk will harden as it cools.