With only six ingredients and about 15 minutes to whip up, these flourless vegan peanut butter blossoms are an easy addition to your holiday cookie tray! The are gluten-free and taste delicious.
I can’t let the holiday season pass us by without posting another holiday cookie recipe. My family and I have a thing about holiday baking and it just wouldn’t feel right not to whip a few Christmas cookies this month. I hope you don’t mind!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THESE VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
These cookies are basically my take on peanut butter blossoms (you know, the ones with the Hershey’s Kisses). And I have to say, they’re just as good. Maybe even better!
They still have the delicious peanut butter and chocolate thing going on, I just used Enjoy Life Mega Chunks instead of Kisses. I haven’t nothing against Kisses (especially the ones with almonds), but I’ve never been a huge fan of having to deal with the pointy Kiss while eating my cookie so the flat chocolate chunk actually works out better.
Plus, I’m a big fan of Enjoy Life’s baking products because they’re vegan, gluten-free and soy-free. I use their chocolate chips all the time!
I am sooo excited about these cookies! Here’s why:
- peanut butter and chocolate is pretty much the best combo ever
- only six ingredients
- gluten-free without a laundry list of different flours
- ridiculously easy to make
Everyone who has tasted the cookies has loved them and would never guess that they’re vegan, gluten-free and only require a few ingredients and about 15 minutes to make. They’re definitely a great addition to any holiday cookie platter. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have!Print
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vegan chocolate chunks (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix together the ground flaxseed with the water to make your flaxseed egg and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, flaxseed egg, vanilla and baking soda until well combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a ball and set about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9- 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and immediately press a chocolate chunk into each cookie. Allow to cool completely; the chunk will harden as it cools.
If you don’t need the cookies to be vegan, you can use a regular egg instead of a flaxseed egg!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: peanut butter blossoms