These vegan curried chickpea bowls make meal prepping for the week a breeze. The chickpeas are paired with garlicky spinach and brown rice for an easy meal that’s absolutely delicious and filling.
Hooray, it’s Friday!! I’m not trying to rush the weekend away, but today I want to talk about meal prep. I’ve been doing it every Sunday for the past few months and it’s been a total game-changer. I use this meal planning printable to plan our meals for the week ahead, go to the grocery store and do a little meal prep. These few hours over the weekend make make it incredibly easy to whip up health meals throughout the week. I know many of you like to meal prep as well so I’ve teamed up with a few of my blogging girlfriends again this month to bring you six healthy and delicious meal prep recipes to add to your weekly rotation. Ready to see them all?
- Taylor’s Greek Chicken Bowls — These low carb Greek chicken bowls have roasted cauliflower and an olive tapenade. They’re an easy, whole30 compliant, paleo meal that you can prep ahead, and they’re only 300 calories!
- Lindsay’s Honey BBQ Baked Salmon Bowls — These Honey BBQ Baked Salmon Bowls are the perfect meal prep recipe for a make ahead lunch or quick dinner. Protein Packed, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free. A healthy meal ready in 30 minutes!
- Lexi’s Thai Basil Turkey Bowls — These 30-Minute Thai Basil Turkey Bowls are a perfect meal prep recipe that comes together in no time! They are flavorful, delicious Whole30 approved, and packed with veggies to fuel you for your busy days ahead!
- Gina’s Shredded Mexican Beef Bowls — These shredded Mexican beef bowls are made in the slow cooker and perfect for weekly meal prep with rice, beans, plantains and peppers to round them out!
- Lee’s Meal Prep Vegetarian Kung Pao Quinoa Bowl — These Vegetarian Kung Pao Quinoa Bowls are the perfect meal prep recipe to make so you can enjoy a healthy lunch or dinner the entire week!
Last up we have my curried chickpea bowls with garlicky spinach.
These bowls are super efficient because you use the same pan to cook the spinach and the chickpeas, both of which can happen while your brown rice is cooking.
Plus, the flavor is on point!!
The chickpeas are cooked with onions and garlic and tossed in fragrant tomato based curry sauce that pairs wonderfully with the zesty lemon garlic spinach. Serving both of these over a generous portion of brown rice makes for a hearty and filling vegan gluten-free meal prep bowl that you can bring for lunch or have on hand for a quick dinner.
The recipe makes three servings so if you want a week’s worth of meals you’ll want to double it! You can easily reheat the curried chickpea bowls before serving or eat them cold. There’s no wrong way to eat meal prep bowls! 🙂
Curried Chickpea Bowls with Garlicky Spinach
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- fresh cilantro, chopped (for topping)
- green onion, chopped (for topping)
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Cook rice, if it’s not cooked already.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). Add baby spinach to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has started to wilt. Toss in sea salt and lemon juice. Toss to coat, remove from heat and place spinach on a small plate.
- In the small skillet you used to cook the spinach, add another 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook (stirring frequently) until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add spices (curry powder, cumin, cinnamon), chickpeas and tomato paste into the skillet. Toss to combine and quickly add water as the pan will start to dry out. Add sea salt and pepper, toss everything together and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and prepare bowls — each one with brown rice, chickpeas and spinach. Top with cilantro and green onion.
- For meal prep, allow all ingredients to cool and then grab 3 glass storage containers. Fill each with 1 cup rice, ⅓ of curried chickpeas and ⅓ of baby spinach. Top with cilantro and green onion. Place in fridge until ready to eat.