Healthy no bake cookies with protein powder. Made without any butter or white sugar! (Regular no bake cookies have around 18 grams of sugar per cookie, these have 3 grams!) They’re healthy, vegan and gluten-free.
In hopes of making your week a bit merrier I made you some healthy no bake cookies with protein powder.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY NO BAKE COOKIES:
No bake cookies have always been my favorite and I LOVE these because they’re healthier and loaded with protein.
If it feels like I post a new No Bake Cookie recipe every year around Christmas time, it’s because I do. The original version has always been one of my favorite holiday cookies (they rival these almond flour crescent cookies) so I like to play around with the recipe to see if I can make different and healthy versions of the original.
The first healthy version I made used banana (or coconut oil) in place of the butter and less sugar. I loved that version so much but last year I decided I needed new photos so I experimented again and made a these healthy no bake cookies with half the sugar.
And now I’m posting another one. This time without the banana (or oil) and half the sugar (again). If this trend keeps progressing, next year I’ll be posting a sugar-free version… it. could. happen.
Over the past week or so I’ve actually made three different batches of healthy no bake cookies resulting in two new recipes to share. This one with the protein powder and another version that I made into bars, which I’ll be posting later this week.
I’m excited to say that this version is low in sugar, has no butter or oil and uses whole rolled oats instead of instant AND they still taste good. Like really good, and not just to people like me who like healthy food. Others have said they’re good too. 🙂
These cookies are perfect for your next holiday cookie platter (people won’t even notice that they’re healthy) but I’ve also deemed them a great snack option. With the protein powder, peanut butter and oats, they’re basically like a granola/protein bar. I’ve totally taken this idea to heart and have been eating them for a snack whenever possible. Cookies every day = awesome!Print
Healthy no bake cookies made without any butter or white sugar! Regular no bake cookies have around 18 grams of sugar per cookie, these have 3 grams!! They’re healthy, vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 scoop (21 grams) vanilla vegan protein powder
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine oatmeal and protein powder in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir until there’s a nice dusting of protein powder over all the oatmeal.
- Place almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder and sea salt in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often until cocoa powder is completely dissolved and the sauce has thickened. Take the pan off the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour peanut butter chocolate mixture over oats/protein powder and mix until all pieces of the oatmeal are covered.
- Place batter in the fridge for 10 minutes to let the batter set up – this step is optional, but the cookies will be cool and much easier to shape if you do it.
- Drop chilled dough by spoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using hands to work cookies into desired shape – I made these into little round cookies. At this point they’re ready to enjoy or you can place them in the fridge if you’re serving them later. Store any leftover cookies in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy no bake cookies