An easy fig salad with arugula, chopped apples, dried cranberries, pecans and goat cheese topped with a delicious balsamic dressing. Perfect as a light lunch, side salad or topped with protein for a meal sized salad.
- 5 oz bag arugula
- 10 fresh figs sliced
- ½ log Goat cheese
- 1 cup apples chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil and/or thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried) optional
Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
Assemble salads by layering 1/2 of the arugula, figs, cheese, apples, cranberries and pecans in two separate bowls. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and serve.
- Arugula: Your favorite leafy green will work as a sub for the arugula.
- Goat Cheese: If you need this salad to be dairy-free, skip the cheese or use a vegan cheese.
- Pecans: Feel free to sub in any nut or seed in place of the pecans.
- Toasted pecans: If you want to toast the pecans simply spread them out on a baking sheet and toast in a 350°F oven for about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Dressing: Want to switch up the dressing? This creamy poppyseed dressing, red wine vinaigrette, white balsamic vinaigrette or creamy balsamic vinaigrette would be delicious on this salad!
Serving: 1/3 of recipe | Calories: 552kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 18g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 522mg | Potassium: 642mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 48g