Apple Cinnamon Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal
This apple cinnamon baked steel cut oatmeal recipe is a lovely make-ahead breakfast option for busy mornings. Studded with sweet apple chunks, raisins and cinnamon, these oats will satisfy your taste-buds and keep you feeling full all morning.
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup*
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds + 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 apple peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins*
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Combine chia seeds with water to make a chia egg and let sit for a few minutes.
In a large mixing bowl combine oats, maple syrup, chia egg, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt. Stir well to combine. Add in almond milk, apple chunks and raisins. Stir everything together once more.
Place oatmeal mixture into a greased baking dish (an 8x8 square baking dish or something similar). Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until oatmeal is golden brown and the center is cooked through. Remove from the oven, let cool and enjoy. Place any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. Reheat later and enjoy.
- To make this recipe with old fashioned rolled oats, use 2 cups of rolled oats instead of 1 cup of steel cut oats and reduce the baking time to 35 - 40 minutes.
- For a lower sugar version, reduce the amount of maple syrup and raisins or omit them completely.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 241mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 24g