Healthy Coconut Cream Pie
Healthy coconut cream pie with a delicious banana coconut filling and a coconut date crust.
Pie Filling: (Yield: 3 cups)
- 3 large bananas ripe
- 1 cup fresh coconut meat from young coconut about 1 to 2 coconuts depending on thickness of meat
- 1/4 cup coconut milk I used light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons white ground chia seeds
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut divided
To Make the Filling:
Mash up bananas in a large bowl and set aside. In blender, blend coconut meat and coconut milk until smooth. Add a little fresh coconut water if the blades won’t spin easily. Add coconut sugar, vanilla, coconut oil, chia seeds and salt. Blend until incorporated.
Pour into bowl with bananas, add 1/4 cup shredded coconut and gently fold until just mixed.
Pour evenly into the crust. Top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded coconut and refrigerate 4-8 hours or until set. You can also let it set in the freezer.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g