Kale & Cabbage Pad Thai Salad
This kale and cabbage pad thai salad has all the flavors of pad thai in salad form! It is my take on the Sweet and Spicy Kale Pad Thai from Whole Foods. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 1/2 small head of green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of kale thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Light Pad Thai Dressing
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- juice of 2 limes about 4 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or low-sodium tamari
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or more depending on your taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Combine all dressing ingredients in a glass jar. Stir or shake until combined and smooth. It might be hard to stir the peanut butter at first, which is why shaking might be your best bet.
Make sure all your veggies are chopped into bite-size pieces and toss in a large bowl to combine. Add chickpeas and top with dressing. Mix until all ingredients are well coated, serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 848mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 14g