No Bake Protein Cookies
No bake protein cookies cookies made with just eight simple ingredients and without any butter or white sugar! They're oil-free, vegan and gluten-free.
Servings: 17 cookies
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 scoop (21 grams) vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter look for one that's thin/drippy
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 mashed banana or 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
Combine oats and protein powder in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir until there's a nice dusting of protein powder over all the oats.
Place almond milk, peanut butter, banana or maple syrup, cocoa powder and sea salt in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often until cocoa powder is completely dissolved and the sauce has thickened. Take the pan off the heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour peanut butter chocolate mixture over oats/protein powder and mix until all pieces of the oatmeal are covered.
Place batter in the fridge for 10 minutes to let the batter set up – this step is optional, but the cookies will be cool and much easier to shape if you do it.
Drop chilled dough by spoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using hands to work cookies into desired shape – I made these into little round cookies.
At this point they're ready to enjoy or you can place them in the fridge if you're serving them later. Store any leftover cookies in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for longer storage.
- Peanut butter – You can also use almond butter or any other nut/seed butter in place of the peanut butter.
- Non-dairy milk – I like using unsweetened vanilla almond milk but any dairy-free milk works!
- Mashed banana – I love using a mashed banana instead of sugar for this recipe, but if you don't love the flavor of banana you can use maple syrup instead.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g