This curried cauliflower salad is a great dish for potlucks because it can be made ahead of time and served at room temperature.
- 1 bunch cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Preheat oven to 400°
Take frozen peas out of the freezer and let thaw while preparing the cauliflower.
Combine oil and spices (curry powder through ground pepper) and toss with cauliflower and red onion until all pieces are well-coated. Place cauliflower in a baking dish and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring about every 15 minutes for even cooking. The cauliflower should be crisp-tender and golden brown when done.
Place in a serving bowl, then stir in peas and cilantro. Let cool a bit and serve.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 985mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g