Cherry Baked Oatmeal
This easy cherry baked oatmeal comes together in one dish and is naturally sweetened with bananas and frozen cherries. It's the perfect make-ahead breakfast and is vegan + gluten-free.
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ cups frozen or fresh cherries divided
- Fresh cherries for garnish
- Toppings of choice: maple syrup and nut butter
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
Mash two bananas in prepared baking dish.
Add rolled oats, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, almond milk, vanilla extract and almond extract and stir to combine.
Fold in 1 cup of frozen cherries and top with additional ½ cup frozen cherries.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the middle of the bake is set and the top is golden.
Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve. Top with maple syrup and nut butter, if using and enjoy.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 464mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g