Grapefruit Avocado Salad with Hearts of Palm
A festive winter grapefruit avocado salad with peppery arugula, hearts of palm, candied pecans, dried cranberries and a maple apple cider vinegar dressing.
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 15 oz can of hearts of palm sliced
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 avocados sliced
- 2 large Texas red Winter Sweetz grapefruit
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- freshly ground pepper
Make dressing: Add apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper to a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until the dressing is emulsified. Set aside.
Segment grapefruit and slice avocado.
When ready to serve, place arugula in a large bowl. Layer the avocado and grapefruit segments along the edge of the bowl, top with hearts of palm, candied pecans and cranberries. To serve, drizzle dressing over salad and plate.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 33g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 14g