Easy Coconut Curry Shrimp
Shrimp and veggies in a creamy coconut milk red curry sauce. Serve over quick cooking brown rice or quinoa for a speedy weeknight meal.
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk lite or full fat
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 10 ounce bag of frozen peeled and deveined shrimp thawed
- 1 bunch scallions cut into 1/4 inch pieces (save a few for garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- lime wedges for garnish
- cooked brown rice or quinoa for serving
- sriracha for serving (optional)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic, ginger and red bell pepper, cook for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add in broccoli, coconut milk, curry paste and salt, stir and bring mixture to a low boil for about 5 minutes.
Add shrimp and scallions into the pan, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in fresh basil. Serve curry over cooked brown rice, quinoa or a mixture of the two. Garnish each serving with a few scallions and a lime wedge.
Adapted from Kroger's Simple Coconut Curry recipe.
Serving: 1/3 of recipe with 1 cup brown rice | Calories: 610kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 31g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g