Fall Harvest Breakfast Salad
A festive fall breakfast salad with cinnamon roasted butternut squash, apple slices, avocado, red onion, walnuts, hemp seeds and an egg!
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash chunks
- ½ Tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- sprinkle of sea salt
- spring mix or baby spinach
- ½ Granny Smith apple thinly sliced
- ½ avocado chopped or sliced
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- 2 Tablespoons toasted walnuts
- ½ Tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 eggs cooked any way you like (fried, poached or hard boiled is my preference)
- avocado balsamic dressing
Combine butternut squash, oil, cinnamon and sea salt together on a baking sheet and roast in a 450° oven for about 30 minutes or until squash is cooked through. Remove and let cool.
Fill a salad bowl with spring mix and add toppings: roasted squash, apple slices, avocado, red onion, walnuts and hemp seeds.
Portion salad into two bowls and place cooked egg on top of each salad. Drizzle dressing over the salad and enjoy!
- You'll likely have leftover salad toppings (roasted butternut squash, apple slices, avocado, etc.). Simply save them to make another salad or use in another application.
Serving: 1 salad without dressing | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 23g | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 13g