Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus over Zucchini Noodle Pasta
This quick and easy dish features garlic shrimp and fresh asparagus sautéed and served over zucchini noodle pasta. Gluten-free, dairy-free and loaded with nutrients, this dish makes for a healthy weeknight meal.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. asparagus trimmed and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper can omit or use less for less spice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized into noodles
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, garlic, salt, red pepper and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon juice. Once shrimp is pink and cooked through, transfer the mixture to a plate and set aside.
Add zucchini noodles into the same skillet and sauté for 1-2 minutes, add shrimp and asparagus mixture back into the pan. Give it a good stir to combine everything, then remove from heat, top with fresh parsley and serve.
Serving: 1/2 of recipe | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 347mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g