Bircher Muesli (Chilled Swiss Oatmeal)
This Bircher muesli (also called chilled Swiss oatmeal) is loaded with crunchy apples, dried fruit and nuts. Full of fiber and protein, plus easy to make ahead of time!
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or any non-dairy milk of choice
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt if needed
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- ½ cored Pink Lady apple chopped into small pieces
- ½ a ripe banana chopped into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon roasted almonds chopped, for topping
- chia seeds for topping
- maple syrup for drizzling
Add oats, milk, yogurt, cranberries, apple, banana, vanilla and cinnamon to a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine.
Cover and place in the refrigerator to soak overnight.
In the morning, add a splash or two of almond milk, if desired and stir the mixture. Portion out a serving and sprinkle almonds, chia seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup over the top. Enjoy!
Serving: 1/2 of recipe | Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 18g