Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal
Apple cinnamon oatmeal made with steel cut oats and filled with soft apple chunks. You can make this oatmeal in your slow cooker or Instant Pot for a warm, filling breakfast that's loaded will fall flavors.
- cooking spray butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup chopped apple pieces
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup + 5 drops of liquid stevia or other sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- toppings: chopped nuts nut butter, extra maple syrup, coconut sugar
Instant Pot Method
Add all ingredients except the toppings to your Instant Pot, but be sure to only use 2 cups of liquid (water or almond milk) instead of 4 cups. Cover with the lid and turn the vent to "sealing." Press the manual button and set time to 4 minutes on high pressure. The Instant Pot will automatically start. Once done cooking, allow the pressure to naturally release. Once all the pressure has released carefully remove the lid and stir the oatmeal and serve.
- The big difference between cooking the apple cinnamon oatmeal in the slow cooker and the Instant Pot is the amount of liquid. For the slow cooker you need 4 cups of liquid and for the Instant Pot you only need 2 cups. It can be water or almond milk, whichever you prefer. Almond milk will make for creamier oatmeal.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe without toppings | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g