Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad
This crunchy mandarin orange chicken salad is loaded with fresh veggies, shredded chicken, orange slices and almonds all tossed in a zesty orange sesame ginger dressing!
- 4 cups napa cabbage or green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup green onions or scallions
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 2 mandarin oranges or clementines
- ½ cup roasted and salted almonds chopped
- sesame seeds for topping, optional
Orange Ginger Dressing
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice juice from about 1 ½ mandarin oranges
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons tamari
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2 inch knob fresh ginger roughly chopped
- ½ cup sesame oil
Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Toss cabbage, carrots, carrots, bell pepper, green onions and shredded chicken in a large bowl.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
Add mandarin orange slices and chopped almonds to salad and gently toss again. Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
Serve immediately or transfer to a glass container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g