Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad
This chicken fajita pasta salad is packed with flavorful sautéed veggies, fresh tomatoes and shredded chicken all tossed in a cilantro lime dressing. Perfect for meal prep or as a side for summer parties.
- 8 ounces pasta fusilli or penne
- 1-2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced and cut in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced and cut in half
- 1 poblano pepper sliced and cut in half
- ½ red onion thinly sliced and cut in half
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 cups shredded or chopped rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 batch cilantro lime dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, poblano pepper, onion to a skillet. Saute, stirring occasionally, until they are tender and slightly caramelized, about 7-10 minutes.
Add taco seasoning and stir until well combined and all the veggies are coated in the seasoning. Remove from the heat and let cool.
While veggies are cooling make dressing and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, fajita veggies, cherry tomatoes and shredded rotisserie chicken.
Pour dressing over and toss everything together until well combined.
Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed and sprinkle chopped fresh cilantro on top. Serve the pasta salad immediately or refrigerate for later use.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g