Quinoa Breakfast Bake
Skip the oats and make this quinoa breakfast bake aka quinoa baked “oatmeal” instead. It's nutty, packed with plant-based protein and studded with fresh berries. It's vegan, gluten-free and perfect for meal prep.
- 1 cup dry uncooked white quinoa
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 ripe bananas mashed, about ½ cup
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh berries I used blueberries and strawberries
- Toppings: maple syrup fresh berries and nut butter
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8×8 pan.
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except for the berries and toppings. Stir well to combine.
Add berries and gently stir everything together once more.
Pour quinoa mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until quinoa is golden brown and the center is cooked through.
Remove from the oven, let cool and serve with drizzle of nut butter, maple syrup and fresh berries.
- Almond milk: Any non-dairy or dairy milk will work as a substitute.
- Bananas: If you don't have ripe bananas on hand you can use 1/2 cup applesauce instead.
Serving: 1/6 recipe w/o toppings | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 462mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 17g