Iced Matcha Latte
An easy recipe for making an iced matcha latte just like your favorite coffee shop. Matcha is served over ice with milk of choice.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk I prefer oat milk or vanilla almond milk
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or another liquid sweetener optional
- ice as needed
- 1/2 cup hot water at least 110°F
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup milk I prefer oat milk or vanilla almond milk
- ice as needed
Add matcha powder, 12 ounces of milk and sweetener of choice (if using) into a high-powered blender and blend until all combined and lump free.
Pour blended mixture over ice and enjoy!
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup hot water and matcha powder until it is smooth and lump free. Place the mixture in the fridge to chill until it is no longer warm to the touch, about 10 minutes.
Fill a glass of your choice with the ice and pour in 12 ounces of milk and liquid sweetener, if using.
Fill the rest of the glass with the matcha mixture, stir and enjoy.
- Matcha whisk: If you have a matcha whisk, it will make your life much easier - but you can create a smooth matcha mix with a regular wire whisk.
- Milk: You can use any kind of milk you like: whole, 2%, almond, soy, oat, etc.
- Sweetness: If you like your drink on the sweeter side, feel free to add a pump of vanilla coffee syrup.
- Toppings: Whipped cream or steamed milk foam are both delicious toppings if you prefer a bit more richness in your lattes. I've been loving coconut whipped cream.
Serving: 1latte with oat milk | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g