Need a quick and easy salmon recipe? You'll love this flavorful blackened salmon that comes together in less than 20 minutes.
- 4 6 oz skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 3 Tablespoons blackened seasoning or cajun seasoning
- pineapple salsa for serving
- 2 cups white brown or cauliflower rice, for serving
Make blackened seasoning if needed.
Liberally rub blackened seasoning on the flesh of each salmon fillet.
Heat oil or butter in a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the fillets to the skillet, skin-side up, and cook until blackened, about 3 minutes. Flip the fillets and continue to cook until they are cooked to your preference, 5 to 7 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillets.
Serve over rice and top with pineapple salsa.
Serving: 1filet with 1/2 cup white rice | Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g