Mexican Quinoa Casserole
This vegetarian Mexican quinoa casserole is a dish the whole family will love. It's packed with veggies, black beans and lots of cheesy goodness.
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 3 cups sweet potato diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- ½ small yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon McCormick Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- One 14-oz can black soybeans or black beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1½ cups prepared salsa mild, medium or hot
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 % Greek yogurt avocado, extra green onion and cilantro (for topping)
Bring the water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let the covered saucepan cool for 4-5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9″x 13″ dish and spread the sweet potato, bell pepper, and onion in the bottom. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the taco seasoning.
In a bowl combine the beans, cooked quinoa, green onion, cilantro and 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning; mix well.
Place the bean and quinoa mixture over the veggies in the baking dish. Spread salsa on top of the quinoa mixture. Top with cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Removed cover and bake for another 20 minutes or until cheese has melted, the sweet potatoes are cooked and everything is hot throughout.
Serve immediately topped with greek yogurt, avocado slices, green onion and cilantro if desired.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g