Tofu Bok Choy Stir-Fry
This tofu bok choy stir-fry is a quick and easy weeknight meal that's healthy, gluten-free, vegan and super flavorful.
- 1 lb. of super-firm tofu drained and pressed
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 3 heads of baby bok choy chopped into bite-size pieces
- 5-6 Tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos or low-sodium tamari
- 1-2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek or similar chili sauce
- 1 green onion/scallion chopped
- ½ - 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- rice or quinoa for serving
Pat pressed tofu dry with paper towels, and cut into small bite-size pieces, about ½ inch thick.
Heat coconut oil on medium in a large skillet. Add tofu and stir-fry until lightly colored. About 5-6 minutes.
Add garlic and bok choy to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes, until the bok choy begins to wilt. The skillet will start to dry out a bit, when this happens, you'll want to add the vegetable broth as well as all the remaining ingredients (maple syrup, liquid aminos, Sambal Oelek, scallion and ginger). Keep stir-frying the mixture until all ingredients are well coated and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5-6 minutes.
Serve over quinoa or brown rice. Enjoy!
Serving: 1/3 of recipe | Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 465mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g