Roasted Summer Squash and Zucchini
Roasted summer squash and zucchini with onion, garlic makes for an easy summer side dish that you can pair with just about any protein.
- 2 small/medium yellow summer squash chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small/medium zucchini chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place squash, zucchini, onion, garlic and oil in a large bowl. Toss until the veggies are coated. Liberally sprinkle on salt and pepper and toss once more.
Spread mixture out on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, tossing once around the 15 minute mark. Remove from oven and serve warm with protein of your choice.
Serving: 1/3 recipe | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 6.5g