Strawberry Banana Bread
This strawberry banana bread is made with whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, Greek yogurt and studded with fresh, juicy strawberries. It's perfectly moist, soft and absolutely delicious!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup mashed banana about 3 medium bananas
- ⅓ cup plain full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries dried with paper towel, plus a few more sliced strawberries for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl.
Add oil, coconut sugar, eggs, bananas, Greek yogurt and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Don’t over-mix. It's okay if there are a few streaks of flour left.
Gently fold in chopped strawberries.
Spoon batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with strawberry slices.
Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Around the 45 minute mark I recommend covering the bread with tin foil so it doesn’t get too brown.
Once done cooking, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes in pan then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whole wheat pastry flour: If you can’t find whole wheat pastry flour you can also use white whole wheat flour, a blend of all-purpose and regular whole wheat flour or just regular all-purpose flour.
- Eggs: I haven’t tried using a flaxseed egg but that should work as a replacement.
- Avocado oil: Another neutral oil like olive oil, canola oil or vegetable oil will work as a substitute. Butter will also work.
- Greek yogurt: If you need this recipe to be dairy-free I bet using a dairy-free yogurt would work just fine.
- Coconut sugar: If you don’t have coconut sugar on hand, brown sugar or white sugar will work as well.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 349mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g