Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
These healthy air fryer chicken tenders are coated in breadcrumbs and a blend of spices. They're crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and loaded with flavor. They're perfect for meal prep or a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb organic boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- ½ cup seasoned Italian style breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
Place breadcrumbs, panko, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Crack an egg into another shallow bowl and whisk.
One by one, dredge each chicken tender in the egg bowl, wiping off any access and then dip each into the breadcrumb mixture. Roll until each tender is covered completely.
Preheat air fryer if required. Add chicken tenders to your air fryer in a single layer and cook at 400°F for 7-8 minutes, flipping once halfway. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer basket. If you have a thermometer, you can check to make sure the tenders have an internal temp of 165°F to ensure they are cooked through. Just know that cook time will vary depending on the size of your tenders.
Enjoy chicken immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Chicken breast: I usually buy organic chicken breasts and cut into strips. It's cheaper than buying pre-cut chicken tenders and I personally hate dealing with the tendon that you'll typically find in store-bought tenders. That said, you can totally buy pre-cut chicken tenderloins if you prefer.
- Oven option: If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake these chicken tenders in the oven at 400°F for 20 minutes, flipping halfway, until the chicken tenders are golden brown and completely cooked through. Pro tip: line your baking sheet with a wire rack. This will result in a crispier texture.
- Gluten-free: If you're looking for a gluten-free option try my recipe for baked chicken tenders instead. They're breaded with almond flour and coconut so they're gluten-free and paleo.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 575mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g