Perfect Acai Bowl
Here's how to make a thick and creamy acai bowl at home! It tastes like a bowl from a smoothie shop and is packed with antioxidants.
Servings: 1 smoothie bowl
- 2 unsweetened acai packets
- 1 frozen banana, in chunks
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk if needed
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- toppings of choice: a drizzle of nut butter, granola, berries, banana slices, chia seeds etc.
Let frozen acai packets sit out at room temperature for a couple minutes, just enough for the packaging to loosen. Remove from package and cut or break the frozen pack into pieces.
Add acai, banana chunks, berries and peanut butter into your blender.
Pop the lid on your blender and begin on low, slowly increasing speed as everything starts to combine. Use the tamper on your blender to push things around. This might take a bit just because everything is frozen and the smoothie bowl will be thick (but this is what we want)! Add milk 1 Tablespoon at a time as needed to reach desired consistency.
Once everything is combined and smooth, scoop your blended smoothie into a bowl and top with granola, banana slices, fresh fruit and an extra drizzle of peanut butter, if desired.
- Thick smoothie bowls can be hard to make unless you have a high-powered blender with a tamper. The tamper is critical for pushing the ingredients around and you definitely need a machine that has power when you're working through this amount of frozen fruit. I've found that my Vitamix blender works great for smoothie bowls like this one!
- Banana - don't like banana? Swap the banana for 1 cup frozen mango.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 553mg | Sugar: 21g