Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These healthy Asian chicken lettuce wraps are so easy to whip up! They're like the PF Chang's lettuce wraps but better for you and still just as delicious.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time18 minutes mins
Keyword: chicken lettuce wraps
- 3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts drained and sliced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Butter Bibb or Iceberg lettuce (leaves separated), for serving
- 2 green onions thinly sliced, for serving
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts for serving
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
Whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add ground chicken and cook until opaque and mostly cooked through, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon.
Pour in sauce and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until sauce reduces slightly and chicken is cooked through completely. Turn off heat and stir in water chestnuts. Taste mixture and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Make peanut sauce by whisking together all ingredients in a small bowl. For a thinner sauce, add water 1 Tablespoon at a time to create the desired consistency.
Serve chicken mixture with lettuce leaves and spoon about 1/4 cup into center of each leaf. Top with crushed peanuts and green onions. Serve with peanut sauce.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 29g | Sodium: 908mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g