Broccoli Noodle Stir-Fry
This broccoli noodle stir-fry uses the entire head of broccoli – stems and florets! Just spiralize the stalks to create broccoli noodles and use them as a base for this low-calorie meal.
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons avocado coconut or olive oil
- 2 medium stalks of broccoli look for thick, large stalks
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4-5 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce store-bought or use the recipe below
- Optional: sriracha for topping
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ⁄4 cup low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 ⁄2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated or minced
Make teriyaki sauce: whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Measure out 4-5 tablespoons, set aside.
Make broccoli stem noodles: chop florets from the stems leaving as much stalk as possible. Place stalk/stem(s) on spiralizer and spiralize into noodles. Set aside.
Add shrimp to large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Sauté shrimp for 4-5 minutes or until pink and no longer translucent. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Discard any leftover liquid in the skillet. Add 2 teaspoons oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, garlic, ginger and broccoli noodles to the skillet. Sauté for 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper while cooking. Add broccoli florets to the pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until broccoli starts to soften and turns bright green.
Add shrimp back into the pan, along with the teriyaki sauce and toss to coat. Top with sriracha before serving, if using.
Serving: 1/2 of recipe | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 330mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 14g