No-Bean Chili (Beef Chili)
This no-bean chili combines grass-fed ground beef, sweet potatoes, corn, tomatoes and a robust blend of spices. It's thick, hearty, super flavorful and perfect for meal prep.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Course: Lunch/Dinner, Soup
Keyword: no bean chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 5 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 28 ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cups low sodium chicken or beef broth bone broth works great
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese cilantro, avocado, jalapeno (optional) and sour cream or Greek yogurt
Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring often until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking beef into crumbles as it cooks, about 8 minutes.
Add sweet potato, corn, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, broth, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, oregano, pepper and cinnamon.
Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until sweet potatoes are fork tender, about 30-35 minutes. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve warm with and top with shredded cheese, cilantro, avocado, jalapeno and sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Begin by heating oil in a large pot, or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until tender and fragrant. Add ground beef and cook until browned while breaking the beef into crumbles as it cooks with a wooden spoon, about 8 minutes.
Add all your ingredients, including the cooked beef, onions and garlic to your slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours until sweet potatoes are cooked through and tender.
Taste the chili when ready and add any additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm and add your favorite toppings.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 840mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g