Jennifer Aniston Salad
Here's how to make the viral Jennifer Aniston salad with quinoa or bulgur, cucumber, fresh herbs, pistachios, chickpeas and feta all tossed in lemon juice and olive oil.
- 1 cup quinoa or bulgur wheat uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup mint chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup roasted and salted pistachios chopped
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 lemons juiced (about 5-6 Tablespoons)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Rinse and drain quinoa. Add quinoa and water to a small pot and bring the water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, stir together cooked quinoa, cucumber, parsley, mint, red onion, pistachios, chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and feta.
Serve immediately or let the salad chill in the fridge a couple hours before serving.
Store salad in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Feel free to use bulgur if desired. Add bulgur and water to a small pot and bring the water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 12 minutes. Drain off any access water. Fluff with a fork and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g