Healthy fettuccine alfredo made with zoodles instead of regular pasta noodles. It’s low carb, packed with veggies and much lighter than traditional fettuccine alfredo.
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups steamed cauliflower florets
- ⅓ – ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves roasted garlic or 1 clove raw garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 baby portobella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium-large zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower florets
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Steam cauliflower: Steam cauliflower if you haven’t already. Steam 2 cups, 1 1/2 cups for the sauce and 1/2 cup for the pasta.
- Make zoodles: While cauliflower is steaming, make fettuccine noodles by spiralizing your zucchini using the correct blade (Paderno = straight blade, Inspiralizer = blade A). Set noodles aside.
- Make sauce: Prepare cauliflower alfredo sauce by placing 1 1/2 cups steamed cauliflower, 1/3 cup almond milk, roasted garlic, nutritional yeast, oil, salt and pepper into a blender. Blend until smooth. You want the sauce to be kind of thick (like regular alfredo sauce) but not too thick so add a bit more almond milk, if needed. Set aside.
- Sauté veggies: In an extra-large skillet over medium heat, add a little oil, onions and mushrooms. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until onions are fragrant and mushrooms has softened.
- Add zoodles: Add zucchini noodles to the pan and cook until noodles are hot and al dente, about 1-5 minutes more. Drain any excess liquid from the pan if needed. Add cauliflower sauce and remaining cauliflower florets to pan and mix well to combine. Toss well until all noodles are coated with sauce. Heat until pasta is just warm and ready to serve.
- Serve: Garnish pasta with chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 668mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Zucchini Noodle Fettuccine