This zucchini bread baked oatmeal recipe makes it easy to sneak veggies into your morning. It’s perfect for meal prep — just reheat and serve!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 large egg (or 1 Tablespoon flaxseed for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, half the walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in the milk, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and grated zucchini. Stir well to combine.
- Carefully pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Scatter the remaining walnuts across the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is nicely golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve. I like topping mine with peanut butter or almond butter and a splash of milk.
- For storage: store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: To reheat the whole baked oatmeal, cover with foil and reheat in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes. For individual portions, set oven (or toaster oven) to 350°F and bake for 5-10 minutes or reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 343mg
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: zucchini baked oatmeal