Tabbouleh Salad (Tabouli)
Traditional tabbouleh salad made with bulgur wheat, fresh herbs and a light lemon dressing. It's easy to whip up makes for a great side dish!
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur wheat rinsed and drained
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 bunch fresh parsley finely chopped (about 1 ½ - 2 cups)
- ½ cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- ½ cup cucumber finely chopped
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- juice from 1 lemon about ¼ cup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice optional
Soak the bulgur wheat according to the package directions, until it has softened. Drain out any excess water, if needed.
While bulgur wheat is soaking, finely chop veggies and herbs.
In a large bowl, combine soaked bulgur, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, pepper and allspice, if using.
Taste and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
Serve chilled or at room temperature. Store covered in the fridge for up to one week.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g