This easy cauliflower soup is thick, creamy and packed full of flavor. It's vegan, dairy-free and comes together in under 30 minutes!
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into large chunks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups water vegetable, or chicken stock (plus more, as needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper divided
- ¼ cup fresh parsley and or chives chopped for garnish
- Heavy cream or coconut milk for serving (optional)
Add olive oil to a large dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to the pot and saute about 5-7 minutes, until onions begin to soften and become translucent.
Add salt, pepper, cauliflower and water or broth to pot. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until cauliflower is very soft, about 10-15 minutes.
Once cauliflower is soft, use an immersion blender to puree soup to a smooth consistency. If you do not have an immersion blender you can transfer the soup in batches to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water or broth as needed to reach your desired consistency. Adjust seasoning to taste.
To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with freshly ground black pepper, parsley and/or chives, and a drizzle of heavy cream (use 1-2 Tablespoons per serving) if desired.
- Vegan option: If you're looking to make this soup vegan just be sure to use vegetable broth or water and skip the heavy cream or use coconut milk as a substitution.
Serving: 1/4 recipe w/o heavy cream | Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 778mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g